When the ABA Blueprint application launched in 2016, it was created as the first iteration of a long-term goal to build an online service for solo and small firm ABA Members to be “matched” with vetted and approved software solutions. Historically, law firms seeking new technology solutions often had no choice but to engage a consultant to perform this service at a fixed or hourly cost. Created by the ABA and CuroLegal, Blueprint was designed and built to help modernize solo practices and small law firms while simplifying and increasing confidence in the assessment process firms undertake to select new or updated technology products. No longer would firms need to shoulder the costly and time-intensive burden that comes with one-on-one consulting engagements just to identify the most fundamental law firm technology and operations solutions.
The ABA Blueprint model was the first solution in the legal market to offer a cost-effective benefit to ABA members to bypass this often complex process while also providing opportunities to reputable legal industry vendors to receive qualified leads and engage with potential customers.
The great news: it has worked! After almost two years of successfully refining and continuously developing the model, and now with over 30,000 users and thousands of recommendations made, ABA Blueprint is expanding in a big way!
This August, the platform will re-launch to include a wider spectrum of legal vendors (Blueprint’s first iteration only offered software offerings) and will provide new and more intelligent recommendations from service providers of all kinds. Now, anyone who supports or provides a service to a law firm, from marketing services to temporary office space providers, is invited to apply to join the ABA Blueprint marketplace.
ABA Blueprint Benefits for Law Firms
- A needs assessment system that will help you determine the specific software solution, technology product, or service provider that your practice needs without paying a consultant.
- Custom-tailored list of recommended software, tools, or services that will tackle current challenges or help you build or modernize your law firm. Which is also saved in your account for reference.
- Save with ABA Blueprint discounts and special offers on the products or services you implement.
- Trust that the organizations and products in the marketplace are reputable and secure solutions specifically for use by law firms.
ABA Blueprint Benefits for Legal Vendors
- Gain exposure to the largest community of legal professionals in the world.
- Increase awareness and acceptance of your product by joining the ABA Blueprint marketplace.
- Participate in the new ABA Blueprint Provider Slack Community to network with complimentary partners, discover integration opportunities, and meet advocates for your products or services.
- Learn and leverage marketing resources to help you tout your organization’s inclusion in the program through guides, webinars, and community coaching provided to vendors as part of their annual subscription.
Let’s Modernize the Practice of Law Together with Data!
The ABA Blueprint marketplace has collected completed assessments and buyer purchasing behavior data from the members who have used the platform over the last two years to find products. With the expansion of the marketplace to include service providers of all types, there is a massive opportunity to learn how today’s legal professional selects practice operation solutions!
Over time, anonymized data will be shared with vendors addressing coveted information such as adoption rates, decision making timelines, product or service purchasing statistics and more. There is no more valuable information to vendors than the “when and why” solo attorneys and law firms decide to implement a given operation solution.
Join the new Blueprint Slack Community!
I am excited to announce that I will be moderating the ABA Blueprint Vendor Slack Community. We will offer ABA Blueprint vendors tips, guidance, and free marketing expertise. Each month, I will host one free webinar, post blog articles, and upload resources to leverage your carefully-considered investment in an annual ABA Blueprint subscription. It is my goal to share many valuable insights from my time over my last twelve years of experience in marketing, bar association partnerships, and training users for many legal industry providers.
It is easy to become an ABA Blueprint vendor – just sign up today! However, the collective effort in communicating the benefits of utilizing this platform to potential customers and the legal community will elevate ABA Blueprint even higher. The more vendors collaborate to increase the usage of ABA Blueprint, the more we can all learn how to best serve and help legal professionals adapt to the future of the practice of law. Together, we can increase the number of lawyers and law firms offering their clients the most advanced service offerings powered by your products and services.
How to become an ABA Blueprint Vendor?
Approval is dependant on a few factors, all outlined on the application page. Once your application has been reviewed and approved the annual sponsorship fee is $5,000 (qualifying startups may be eligible for a reduced limited-time rate of $2,500). A one year subscription is a fraction of what traditional advertising in the legal space costs!
If you are interested in learning more about the ABA Blueprint platform, apply for inclusion, or contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule time to speak with me here: https://calendly.com/chelseylambert/aba-blueprint-vendor-chat.
SPECIAL LEGAL VENDOR WEBINAR!
Monday, June 25th at 4:00pm EST.
Learn how to leverage and utilize your ABA Blueprint Membership for Marketing, Sales and Client Service during a live webinar with me on Monday, June 25th at 4:00pm!