For many consumers, working with an attorney for the first time can be a scary process. Not to mention that when legal issues occur, they aren’t always due to the happiest of circumstances. Emotions run high, and it can be challenging to convey to the client the amount of time necessary to handle their case.
A challenge that Co-Founder of Case Status and former practicing attorney Lauren Sturdivant came to know first hand. Moreover, when you meet Lauren, it is immediately clear that her first-hand experiences fuel both the direction of the product and her passion for helping improve the attorney-client relationship cycle.
The Case Status application is what she affectionately notes has been called the “Domino’s Pizza Tracker for Your Case.” An intermediary tool used by attorneys and their clients to share case information, messages updates, documents and track critical milestones.
Moreso now than ever, client satisfaction should be top of mind for law firm owners. From solo practitioners to established law firms in every practice area you can be sure of two things:
1) Clients will talk about your services online if they are dissatisfied.
2) Referrals are still the most significant source of business and are directly affected by online reviews.
Case Status has the power to revolutionize how you manage existing client relationships and monitor satisfaction by combining the power of updates with regular Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys. Recognizing the importance of knowing a client’s NPS score is one thing, actually collecting that information is another entirely. Once a tedious, time consuming and difficult task Case Status has now streamlined and made significantly more effective.
How Case Status Works:
- When a new client retains the firm or attorney for services, a welcome text message invites them to download the App.
- The attorney logs updates and changes the case status to the Case Status web application as they move through stages of the case.
- The client is surveyed at each stage of the case on a 1-10 scale, continually monitoring their perception of value, satisfaction, and likelihood to refer.
- Messages, documents, updates or other items can be shared along the way keeping the client informed at all times.
- Monitor when they last logged in alerting you of clients that have gone silent and need extra attention to stay on track.
- At the end of the relationship, a simple Request Review option is available, sent to the client from the law firm’s web application.
- A cumulative NPS score is displayed above the request button to consider before requesting the review, and monitor individual associate or overall firm client satisfaction.
The Case Status Client View
On the client side, they see the following sections of the application and navigate between them from the bottom toolbar. Which creates an accessible and seamless stream of communication between the lawyer and the client.
- The status of their case, think “Dominos Pizza Tracker” updated each time the law firm changes the status or stage of the case.
- A history of all messages between the client and the law firm. Including the option to upload documents, log medical care, and share pictures.
- Your Attorney
- Profile and contact information for the attorney, law firm and ability to “Refer a friend.”
- A stage by stage roadmap that helps give clients the correct expectations of the length and process of the case.
Lauren and her team have outdone themselves to the level of detail and communication options provided to Case Status users upon sign up.
When adding a client’s case to the application, milestones and checkpoints are organized by practice area and case type. Firm’s are provided customizable templates that suggest communication and practice area processes so that you don’t need to build out your communication plan from scratch, a HUGE TIME SAVER for firms who don’t have a ton of time to develop a process for each client.
Short update messages for each case stage shared in the app or via text, examples are:
● Automated messages if no case updates, sending messages every X number of days to make the client feel cared for and aware you are still working.
● Customized reminders for clients who need to participate in case documentation, examples include Personal Injury Treatment Reminders or Co-Parenting Logs in Family Law.
Setup a custom practice area or case type or use a Case Status template currently available for the list below:
– Criminal Defense
– Personal Injury
– Defense Litigation
– Filing a Patent
– Workers Compensation – Accepted
– Workers Compensation – Denied
– Social Security
The “Case on Hold” Status
Ever find yourself frustrated that a client isn’t getting back to you?
The Case on Hold feature alerts the client with a red callout in the app, and message with what’s needed from them to keep things moving. The benefit is that the client has clear next steps to keep the case progressing. A quick example would be “Please provide or complete _Document or Task_ by _Date_ to help us move your case along.”
NPS and Firm Insights
One of the most significant challenges for growing law firms is identifying ways to retain, incentivize and compensate associates. Drill down into reports on individual attorneys to monitor employee performance, average NPS Score, and who’s getting the most reviews. Then, use the data to set goals/bonuses targets that are part of a compensation plan or tied to a strategic plan to grow the law firm.
Additionally, law firm administrators or managing partners can identify potential issues before clients take to the internet with their thoughts.
Case Status is currently integrated with Clio and Abacus Next, with several more integrations planned for the future.
Case Status has the power to dramatically improve the relationships law firms have with their clients and the way consumers view the practice of law. If your goals include any of the following, consider Case Status as a tool that your firm can use to achieve them.
● Build stronger relationships with your clients, no matter how large the law firm grows.
● Improve customer experience with every new case.
● Request reviews of your happiest clients and protect your online reputation.
● Increase referrals and grow your firm by monitoring the client’s likelihood to refer.
To learn more about Case Status or sign up for a free trial visit them here.