Most solo and small firm attorneys need help to fully harness the power of technology in their practices. What those attorneys need most is a solid roadmap for doing so.
Sure they can go to a legal tech conference for a few days. Or they can hire a consultant to help address one big need. But those are single shot approaches.
The LawFirm Autopilot course is a novel approach offered by Ernie Svenson, a lawyer who learned to leverage technology to leave a big firm and go solo.
Over the years Ernie helped other solo and small firm lawyers “connect the tech dots” by speaking at legal technology conferences and doing some one-off consulting. But then he realized something was missing. And set out to build an online roadmap, not bound by time at a limited amount of time at a conference, CLE approval or geographic restraints.
The result is LawFirm Autopilot, an online course with over 60 lessons! Designed specifically for solo and small firm attorneys, or big firm attorneys who are yearning to start their own practice.
The lessons are grouped into 12 sections that represent a logical progression for implementing technology:
- Introduction: Overview of how the course is organized, and how to access the private Facebook group.
- Mindset: an overview of best practices for using technology, and legal ethics issues
- Systems: how to methodically use technology, and how to use systems to make a small law firm run smoothly.
- Assistance: how to get trustworthy help with technology, whether it’s hiring a consultant, or searching the internet for advice, or to troubleshoot simple tech problems.
- Digitize: how to transition to a paperless practice
- PDFs: how to use PDFs more effectively (a key to having a paperless workflow)
- Cloud: how to properly leverage the power of cloud services (i.e. practice management
systems and document file sharing)
- Automation: how to use software to make certain aspects of your practice run automatically
- Security: how to protect your data (and your client’s data) from the inevitable attempts by hackers to infiltrate that data. The most common attacks are completely avoidable, and this section shows you how to achieve maximum protection in a sensible manner.
- Mobile Lawyering: how to work remotely for hours or days at a time, even if you only have a smartphone at your disposal
- Outsourcing: how to delegate work to virtual assistants, even part-time work.
- Online Marketing: how to get clients steadily (and even to a large extent automatically) by harnessing the power of the Internet.
Most of the lessons are video tutorials, but there are some audio-only lessons, as well as instruction that’s text-based. Which makes it easy to jump in and learn no matter where you are. Listen to an audio session in the car, read another on the train, and watch a video at the office.
The course lessons offer easy-to-follow video and audio tutorials that guide you in a step-by-step progression. You can track your progress, and flag your favorite lessons so that you can easily revisit them later.
Purchasers of the course have lifetime access to the lessons. Ernie also offers free webinars on new topics, which are recorded, and added as a new lesson. In other words, new material keeps getting added so the course keeps evolving.
The course is not dependent on the type of computer you use. These days, most important software is available for both Macs and PCs so it’s not really an issue in most cases. Still, some legal software is specialized and works on only one platform, but the course doesn’t cover highly-specialized software. That said, there is a lesson in the “Special Topics” section for Mac users that explains what resources are most valuable to lawyers who use Macs.
He is constantly adding new sessions, and now offers a LawFirmAutopilot Membership Program. For lawyers looking for a next step after the education. A community where they can meet other autopilots, who support and encourage each other through their journey to building better practices.
The course comes with a full 30-day money back guarantee so you can try it without any risk whatsoever. Meet Ernie, and get to know the LawFirmAutopilot community here: www.lawfirmautopilot.com